Monday, March 1, 2010

Good Day another Finish

It's been a good day!.  Just Finished Snow on my Fence, the boys are thrilled one more quilt to fight over!

Now that the quick finish fix is out of the way time to get back to LONG AGO AND FAR AWAY quilts that really really need to be finished.  My wedding guest book quilt is 12 years old and it still needs a small amount of hand quilting in the main quilt and the borders done.  This is all hand work and what is left to be done is complex quilting designs that I have struggled to find a way to transfer to the fabric.  God bless quilt pounce and needle punched print outs from the computer!  This is a very slick way to create quilting templates and I use card stock weight paper and it works like a dream.  As with anything new it takes a bit to perfect the technique but it isn't new nor is it something I dreamed up but as with most of what I use and do has been knowledged transferred to me from others.  This is a shot of the quilt I'm working on please note most of this is quilted except some small squares, setting tris and the border


So that is my focus for now other than to mail off the baby bargello quilt.  I'm working on a slide show for the blog but I don't want it to dominate the pages like the one I had earlier.  For the moment I'm going to try and embed a picture of the baby bargello with the tote bag.  This was a kit from Our Gathering Place  and she still has some if you are interested in it.


So after the wedding quilt is done what is next you say?  Well let me show you the next big job that has to get finished.  This is a quilt for my brother I joke it is from his blue period.


I think that is enough out of me for now.  Need my blog buddies to remind me how to do a signature for my posts and I need to get cracking on that slide show.  More out of me later.

1 comment:

  1. Oooohhh, I forgot about my, I mean Chuck's, quilt. I still love how it looks!

    ReplyDelete