Saturday, March 6, 2010

Glad for doing extra!


This has been one of those weeks where I swear my pea brain works at a higher level than my consciousness.  When I started back to quilting I started working with kits that had been given to me after my mom passed.  I also have a niece who just gave birth to a baby girl and needed a baby quilt for her.  While I was shopping for that I found a simple pattern and fabrics for 2 other baby quilts.  I was informed later this week we have another friend expecting (anyday now apparently) and I just so happen to have 2 baby quilt tops ready to finish and I can gift one to this child as well.  Such foresight on my brains part its lovely.

I never did get to work on the wedding quilt or hand quilting this week after the earlier finishes.  Life has this way of interfering in the best laid plans.  But I will get something done this weekend.  I'm determined even if it is to just work on this baby quilt that I need to get done this week.

Weather is warming up, snow is melting, I haven't checked to see if the crocus have popped their heads through.  In a few more weeks windows will start being opened, I'll be complaining about weeds in the garden and needing to mow the grass.  Spring has definitely sprung. especially in my head! I need to start walking again everyday and other health related types of stuff which is a far cry from qilting but being in good shape lets me stay in the sewing room longer so important stuff.

Just a quiet kind of start to the weekend so I'm going to sit back with my cuppa and contemplate what happens next.

No comments:

Post a Comment